Santhigram Wellness Centers offer authentic Kerala specific Ayurvedic and Panchakarma therapies to suit your specific health and wellness needs.
The “Ayurveda wellness therapies” that Santhigram Kerala Ayurveda Inc. offers will help reduce the physical suffering, to a great extent, control several dreaded disabilities, ward off middle age syndrome, retard the aging process and provide unlimited curative powers for the body and mind. Ayurveda helps repair worn out tissues, increase memory, improve energy in the body and helps improve overall physical and mental fitness.
Details of some of the Ayurveda therapies shown below include:
Oil Massage with medicated oils to rejuvenate the body and strengthen all the tissues to help achieve ideal health and longevity.
Benefits of Abhyangam:
- helps tone muscles
- improves circulation
- increases the skin’s luster – making you appear younger
- rejuvenates the body and strengthens all the tissues to help achieve ideal health and longevity
- increases primary vitality (Ojas) and resistance
- beneficial to the eyes
- helps you have a good night’s sleep
- effective in reducing the symptoms of rheumatism
- can help control fat
- reduces sagging skin
- reduces stress
Oil bath with gentle body massage (Pizhichil)
Oil bath with gentle body massage that helps to reduce muscle spasms and manage the ill effects of various degenerative ailments. Relaxes your mind and body.
The ultimate therapy with the constant flow of warm oil which is slowly and gently applied to your whole body.
Benefits of Pizhichil:
- makes you feel peaceful, calm and relaxed
- treats muscle spasms and other degenerative diseases that affect the muscles
A steady stream of warm aromatic oils that provide lasting relief from psychosomatic disorders and soothes your body and mind. Using a special device to flow rhythmically across the forehead, This usually accompanies Abhyangam.
Benefits of Shirodhara:
- calms the mind and soothes the nervous system
- induces a feeling of profound peace and happiness
- used for treating various psychosomatic disorders, insomnia, chronic cold, sinusitis, etc.
A herbal steam treatment to release impurities from the skin and soothe aching muscles and joints.
Benefits of Svedana:
- helps soothe painful, sore or aching muscles and joints
- improves blood circulation
- improves complexion
A type of sudation therapy using medicated leaves. The proportion of ingredients varies according to the disease symptoms.
Benefits of Elakizhi:
- helps to alleviate the problems associated with joint pain, muscle cramps, rheumatoid arthritis
- helps to manage the ill effects of various degenerative ailments
A type of herbal fomentation therapy with linen bags containing special rice processed in milk. It is used to provide strength and nutrition to the body tissues, especially bones, muscles and other soft tissues.
Benefits of Navarakizhi:
- It promotes the peripheral vascular circulation
- Gives strength to the muscles and activate peripheral nervous system
- Improves skin texture and circulation
- Induces good sleep and reduces the stress
- Helps to alleviate problems related to malnutrition
It is an ayurvedic therapy procedure in which outer area of head is covered by a leather cap keeping hollow inside to put medicated oil in it for a specific duration in such a way that oil should not be leaked out.
Benefits of Shirovasti:
- Helps to alleviate the problems associated with insomnia, depression and other stress related issues.
Fine herbal powder is used in a whole-body therapy to enliven and energize the body.
Benefits of Udvartanam:
- Reduces the excess fat accumulated in the subcutaneous tissues
- Helps in weight reduction
- Improves mobility of joints and improves blood circulation
- Refreshes and rejuvenate the body and also helps to promote better digestion
- Softens and exfoliates dead skin cells, thereby giving a lustrous glow to skin
- Strengthens and tones up the muscles
Shirodhara (Sirodhara), Svedana (Swedana), Elakizhi, Navarakizhi (Njavarakizhi), Sirovasthi (Shirovasti) are normally not administered as individual treatment. They are usually combined with Uzhichil (Abhyanga).
We do not provide any medical services. However, Ayurvedic therapies and Santhigram’s health management programs help to alleviate the ill-effects of certain chronic conditions. As per the Ayurveda system, the therapies depend on the prakriti (constitution) of each person. As such it is advisable to make an appointment for a consultation with one of our Ayurveda Consultants prior to scheduling an appointment for our services.